The topics that are currently covered on the educational programme include food and farming, observing nature, animal experiences and environmental studies and cover Key Stages 1-3. However, the farm is a fantastic educational resource for all ages of children, from nursery right up to A-Level studies and we can tailor your visit to suit your individual school needs.
All school trips will have access to a sheltered, undercover area to use as a base throughout the visit. A pre-visit is welcome in advance of any school trips, so that you can familiarise yourself with any necessary safety information and discuss the format of the day with us.
We are pleased to offer a variety of activities to choose from for your school trip including:
- Story of the grain of wheat
- Little and large beast hunt, with pond dipping
- Sausage making demonstration and tasting
- Den building
- Fire lighting and cooking over fire
- Identification of Roman artefacts found on the farm